The department, as the name implies, is in charge of training prorammes and the acquisition of research and training facilities. It handles the administration of sub-degree programmes – diploma/certificate – in conjunction with the relevant academic departments of the university.
The following are among the functions to be performed by the department
- Advertisement of sub-degree programmes.
- Issuance of letters of admission
- Registration of students
- Opening of files for students for record purposes
- Examination and Examination results
- Compilation of lists of admitted and graduating students.
- Liaising with course-Coordinators or Heads of Department pertaining to students records and progress from time to time.
- Liaising with the Heads of Department and course Co-ordinators pertaining to preparation of statement of results of students, after completion of programme, for signing by the Institute Secretary.
- Custody of training facilities such as projector, audio-visual materials, computers, musical instruments and costumes
- Any other assignment arising from time to time in relation to these Diploma programmes.
Training Coordinator (IDR&T)