The Research Development and Publications Department is geared to the coordination of relevant multidisciplinary research programmes and projects as well as facilitating the dissemination of research outputs at several levels. It will comprise units such as the Audio-Visual, Museum, Research Networks and the Library. It will be in charge of research and publications. Its functions shall be as follows.
- To coordinate and promote ground breaking research in disciplines associated with Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences and Environmental Design.
- Dissemination of results of the researches conducted to end-users.
- Sourcing and rendering consultancy services to clients
- Sourcing for research funding from Corporate Organizations and Philanthropic investors.
- Sourcing and mobilizing Research Fellows within area of jurisdiction of IDR&T (i.e. Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences and Environmental Design) to get them produce relevant and quality research
- Liaising with necessary organs/machineries/Departments within IDR&T and the University that would help in the realization of conduct of research activities.
- Preparing topics for debates and/or conferences and selecting the Research Fellows to handle them.
- Co-ordination of inhouse resource groups and research networks.
- Handle the editing and publishing of research journals etc.
- Any other assignments that may be given.
Research Development & Publication Department (IDR&T)