The Administration Department is also headed by the Director of the Institute and assisted by the Institute Secretary. It comprises the Director’s Office and Secretary’s Office.
Its main functions are as outlined below.
- Assisting the Institute Director with the day-to-day running of the Institute
- Providing Secretariat for the Board of Governors of the Institute
- Providing Secretariat for the Professional and Academic Board
- General correspondence
- Custodian of the Institute records/documents
- Maintenance of equipment and facilities
- General Administration: Handling of staff matters such as promotion, leave, staff development and discipline of junior staff
- Provision of Secretarial support to all the committees of the Institute, including those mentioned in 2 & 3 above.
- Endeavouring to see that the rules and regulations of the University are applied/adhered to at the Institute
- Control of the finances of the Institute – income and expenditure
- Maintenance of Stores
Other assignments that may be given.